Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Trees In Sprout

Parenting has a way of throwing you into things you never thought you would deal with. While I knew there would be temper tantrums, though I didn't expect them quite so soon, I didn't expect to tell my child not to bang her head on the floor on purpose. Evie has taken to showing her displeasure in extreme ways. If she doesn't like that we told her no or moved her away from something she hits her head on the floor (or coffee table), and of course cries because it hurts, or she hits herself in the side of the head. Tonight she was mad she was falling asleep in the car so to keep herself away she hit her self several times in the head. She is such a strong willed and tenacious little girl. I love that this allows her to push herself, like learning to roll over from back to tummy in an hour, but sometimes I get caught off guard by the ways she expresses herself. 

I love the sweet side she has too. She loves to give kisses and I enjoy that she loves to give them to me more anyone else. She has also learned to snuggle. She snuggles us, mostly her daddy, and even snuggles her baby dolls. Her smile makes my heart happy and everyday I am thankful I get to be her mother. I look forward to the adventure of raising her and pray God will continue to give me everything I need to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment